Great Summer Energy Saving Tips!
Costs can add up as you cool down your house!
Here are 3 more steps to chill cooling bills:
* Adjusting your thermostat 7-10 degrees from it's normal settings can save you up to 10 percent a year on energy bills.
* Use a programmable thermostat to ensure you aren't wasting energy when you aren't home.
* Cleaning and/or replacing filters once a month will lower your AC's energy consumption by approximately 10 percent.
Save money with an energy efficient pool pump!
Here are more cool pool tips to save you money!
* You can majorly reduce costs associated with a pool if you install an energy saving pool pump. Energy Star certified in ground pool pumps use up to 65% less energy than standard pool pumps, and can save you over $400 a year in energy bill costs.
* Covering a pool when it is not in use can also reduce your pool's heating costs by as much as 50% to 70%, and can reduce cleaning time by keeping debris out of your pool!
As the mercury rises this summer, making small changes in how you cool your home or pool can save you big bucks!
Enjoy your summer!