Our products are easy to install and maintain. They can be installed by the Do-It-Yourselfer or any licensed HVAC contractor in your area or the service department at your property manager.
We can ship directly to your property manager or HVAC contractor. Our Owner’s Manual that comes with your unit, has complete details on how to install and program your thermostat. We will also customize your CT2001 for FREE prior to shipping.
If you have any support questions, please contact us at 866-792-2022 or at email@example.com
How do I install your product?
You or your handyman or property management service department can install it according to the instructions that come with the product. We’ve designed this product to be easily installed. Our thermostat install just like a normal thermostat. It is a matter of connecting 4-5 wires.
- Ensure that you turn the power off to the HVAC Unit before you begin.
- When disconnecting the old unit, be sure to take note of how the old unit was wired – “What color wires go to what terminals”.
- Ensure that you program your new ControlTemp Thermostat to the correct equipment setting before connecting it to your unit.
- Connect your new ControlTemp Thermostat to the wires from your HVAC unit. Be sure to match the wire to the appropriate terminals. NOTE: The color of the wires does not indicate its true function; thus it is important to tag each wire when you disconnect the original unit.
- If you have a heat pump, it may take up to 5 minutes before the HVAC unit turns on. This is the heat pump compressor delay ensuring sufficient time to decompress.
Want to see a “This Old House” video on how to install a programmable thermostat? Click here to watch the video from “This Old House”.